In these past few weeks we have discussed many tips and
methods to studying, note taking, time management and much more. Some
suggestions that stuck with me came from the note taking discussion. I liked
the point that you should be writing down questions as you go along. The type
of critical thinking questions that make you think about the big picture. This
helps you make connections and think more about what we are really thinking
about. Another good point was how we should make connections and analyze the
notes while still in class to save time. Do not simply write down word for word
what the professor says.
An element
I decided to use in my weekly schedule was a time management trick. To plan out
a certain time a day or week that you sit down to make sure you get all of your
homework done in a timely fashion. This way you know from say 2-4 you do
homework, take a break and eat then 7 to whenever finish up and have the
remainder of the night to do whatever you would like.
Some
aspects that were not useful to me was the outline of the notes. I don’t
particularly like that structure because I cannot have a set sections for
certain things because most times I will need more room and then it will mess
up the whole page. I have my own way of doing notes so I will just stick to
that. Which is not a big deal.
I can use
everything we discussed in class and read in the readings to ensure I
successful meet my goals and be the best student I can be. I can make sure to
go over my notes from class everyday and synthesis so further my thinking
process. This will help me learn and get the most I can out of this course and
any other.
No comments:
Post a Comment