College to me is somewhat of a trial. You’re living away
from home and trying to balance your responsibilities without having someone
there to remind you or step you through it. No mom to nag you to make your bed
or do your homework. I say this is a trail because we are learning to grow up
while having the luxury of not paying bills, groceries, and much more. College
to me is the transition into the “real world”. At first it will be nerve
wracking and the first few days, weeks even and you’ll have moments of doubts
when you’re not sure how you will manage but you’ll realize how short the year
really is and how everyone says it flies by so fast. College really is what you
make of it, if you want to have a good time and do well in school you will. The
more you get into the experience by joining new clubs and meeting new people
the better time you will have. There are so many things I want to accomplish
and learn. For example I want to perfect time management, to be able to map out
and use my time effectively instead of the usual procrastination. I would love
to be able to be self sufficient, figuring out new and challenging things on my
own. Socially I want to grow with this community and join clubs in order to
meet new people and branch out. Yet overall the hardest thing will be to
balance my work and play. I need to buckle down when time to do work but of
course have time to go out and enjoy my time here. All this talk about what I
want to accomplish brings me to my set of goals for this year. I am planning on
keeping a great GPA while still participating in activities and having free
time. But with that goal my expectation is that I will be able to get help or
tutoring when need be. Some times it might take me that extra step to do well.
That would be my only concern is that I will not have time or will not be able
to get extra help if needed. Other than that I have had a great college
experience so far, met some great people and have been enjoying my free time.

No comments:
Post a Comment