Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Multicultural Center


The multicultural center, located in the student center on the second floor is home to a small gallery of art. It is all from one artist and they change who it is every semester. This time it is an African artist who is drawing people in the shape of Africa and put African American individuals that the shapes of their heads make words like love and respect. All of the items are a large collection of variations of the same concept. She is trying to convey the feeling that we all came from Africa and we should have love for the country and love for African Americans. This collection is extremely interesting and I encourage everyone to go look at it. I really like the art work, it is very interesting and it is also like a puzzle trying to find out where the words are inside the picture. The only thing I would have liked to see was some color in it. If she put color in some of them and left some of them black and white I would have loved that. It is trying to accomplish peace and love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment