Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Failure and the Mindset
I feel as though the idea of failure and the
book Mindset is simply just the difference between someone who is optimistic
and pessimistic. Someone who looks at the glass half full or the glass half
empty. Sometimes when someone is depressed they will see a failure as a much
more devastating thing then someone who is not. I see the author’s point that
anyone can change their mindset, yes but to an extent. Some people are born
nicer than others, happier than others. My friend Alyssa from back home is the
sweetest girl I have ever met and could not be mean to anyone. She is
constantly motivated and learning from her failures no matter what happened.
Yet her sister is the opposite, she is lazy, depressed, and pessimistic. She
failed out of hair school and now refuses to do anything and lives at home. Why
can’t her sister think more like her? I think you are born into your mindset
and the things that happen to you in your life affect the way you think. If
many difficulties happening to me I would be a completely different person.
Although I have tried to change my mindset to a more positive one, it is not as
easy as it seems. However this method works to an extent I do not believe that
everyone can be changed fully. Therefore depending on what you have been
through in life, the support system you have, the motivation and self worth you
possess and much more affects your mindset and reaction. Failure can be
interpreted in many ways and that is highly dependent on your mindset, and
whether or not you can or want to change that way of thinking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment