Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Fear

In Chapter 2 of the “The Creative Habit” the author, Tharp challenges us to write down our fears when it comes to being creative and putting yourself out there. I do not have many that really pertain to this. It is not a fear of being laughed at, but in confidence in whatever I am creating. If it is not something I am particularity good at I am a little more hesitant to share it. If I know something is not my strong point I will still do it but not feel as good about it as something I am really proud of. If there is something that I am satisfied with there is nothing someone can tell me to make me change my mind. I will have no fear in sharing it because at the end of the day I did it for me and I like it. Whoever laughs at me, that’s their opinions and I could care less. As for the other things, I always have something to say whether I choose to say it or not. The other one saying that once executed, the idea won’t be as good as in my head, that happens all the time. You either fix it or suck it up and move on. The only fear really that I have is that I will put 100 percent work into it and it will still be bad, disappointing myself. That is sometimes the reason I do not put all my effort into things.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment